Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bead Play

This weekend I took a little break from crocheting and worked on some bead projects.  I love working with seed beads.  My two favorite beading crafts for now seem to be weaving on the bead loom and bead kumihimo.  Saturday night I did some research on the Internet - looking for a bead designer so I can play around with patterns for some bookmarks and small tapestries to weave on the loom.  I found a free one, but am not too happy with the print options.  I want to be able to print a pattern on an index card so I can prop it up in my loom while weaving.  I'd really like to see a designer I can use both on my laptop and on a tablet pc (yet to be purchased). 


Today I spent some time finishing a couple of bracelets in my WIP pile.  I have a few beaded kumihimo bracelets waiting for the finishing touches and clasps.  I was only able to finish 2.  I need to buy some more spacers so I can finish up the others.  I have a bracelet started in my kumihimo disk, and I have some sets of beads strung waiting to be woven.  The beaded kumihimo bracelet is another one of my projects that I hope will turn into sales one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment