Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crochet: Hexagon Granny Baby Jacket

Several times while looking for crochet patterns I've come across this really cute baby sweater.  I took the time to look for the pattern, and I printed the one from Bev's Country Cottage.  She refers to the pattern she found on Tina's Blogspot.  But I'm still not sure who the originator of this design is.  It's so versatile and the color combinations are endless.  This is my first attempt, and I'm sure I'll be making more.  I had some problems with the ribbed cuffs, so I ended up with a ruffle instead.  I repeated the ruffle around the collar and bottom to complete the effect.  I also chose to use tie closures instead of buttons.  I was pleased with the final product.  The pink and purple are Bernat Satin - one of my favorite yarns.  The variegated is Bernat Softee Baby.  I'm hoping whoever ends up with this sweater feels extra special.  This is a contribution to the charity I volunteer for - Online Angels.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Karen, can I please have this pattern, please it is so beautiful!!!!!!!!
    My e-mail is nkululeko@phakisalc.co.za, it is my work e-mail. Thanks i appreciate it.
    Regards
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree this sweater is so beautiful! I would like the pattern. My email is
    ladybug53@live.ca
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete