Monday, May 30, 2011

Another Wedding Invitation

My nephew is getting married on the beach.  I usually create quilled invitations with the wedding flowers and colors, tying in the details to bring back memories when they happen to look at this framed invitation as years go by.  At the same time, I try to keep it tasteful.  This invitation was a challenge to create, but I chose to go more with the beach theme than the flowers.  Having both was just too much, and would have a negative appeal, I think.  I had a friend collect some shells for me when she was at the beach - these are real.  The quilled part is supposed to be sea oats.  Hard to recreate with paper, but hopefully enough to bring back those memories.  A small quilled flower in coral and orange at the top to tie in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment