Saturday, October 9, 2010

Something New Saturday - Grannies

Today I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.  I wanted to continue with my Something New Saturday, but I also have the deadline of my 1000 squares goal looming.  So I decided to get out my 99 Grannies book and try out some new patterns.  Although it was good practice for me reading and following the different patterns, I think I'll just stick to the basic granny from here on out.  The basic granny is so quick and easy, and I think the lines are much nicer and cleaner.  Plus - I don't have to constantly think about what I'm doing - I can watch TV, listen to music, have a conversation with the family - without worrying about losing my place and messing up the pattern.  I found one major mistake in one of them, but I just left it alone.  It adds character.

On a different note, I was excited this past week when I was able to complete my supply of yarn for my next project - 2011 Special Olympic Scarves.  You can read about it on the internet - use GoodSearch as your search engine and look it up.  You'd be surprised at the overwhelming response they get to their call for handmade scarves.  And I'm sure Coats & Clark is happy with the yarn sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment