Sunday, October 17, 2010

Something New Saturday - Scrabble Tile Pendants

This past week I received a notice for an upcoming class at a local art store.  The picture attached to the notice showed some ornaments made of glass pendants.  I don't have time for the class, but I really was intrigued by the ornaments in the picture.  In my search for more information about the glass pendants, I ran across instructions on how to make glass tile pendants.  And that led me to the discovery of Scrabble Tile Pendants.  I had never seen these before, but apparently I'm a couple of years behind the times.  They look so cool, I immediately wanted to see if I could make them myself.  I was amazed at how many different websites have instructions, and how many different opinions are out there as to the best way to make them.  I have most of the supplies on hand for the Scrabble Tile Pendants, but didn't have much time to make them the traditional way with several coats of glue and glaze.  I kind of chickened out and cheated somewhat.  Plus - I want to practice on the wooden tiles before I work with the nicer glass tiles.  I hope I can figure out how to make the glazed top without bubbles or cracking.  In the mean time, I used epoxy stickers to get a feel for the finished product.  The only thing left to do is glue on some bails and work out a cord strap to turn them into necklaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment