Saturday, October 2, 2010

Something New Saturday - Fabric Basket

For today's something new I decided to put a new spin on something I used to make about 15 years ago.  A friend taught me how to crochet baskets before I was crocheting for real.  I found another friend who hooked me up with a supplier of some fabric ends.  I've saved those ends for a long time - not really knowing what to do with them, but not wanting to throw them away.  True crafters know exactly what I'm talking about.  Anyway, I saw an idea from Crochet Dude....  I ripped some of the fabric I had into smaller strips - thinking I could make a smaller basket.  Well, fabric is NOT easy for me to crochet with.  So although this Something New was kind of a bust, at least I was able to come to the decision that crocheting with fabric just isn't my thing.  So... off to make more squares.  I just calculated my total, and I have 690 done for the year.  That means I have to make 310 more.  Which calculates out to be a little bit more than 100 a month over these last 3 months of the year.  Throw in a couple of holidays, some other "must do" craft projects that will be Christmas gifts, and the usual stuff with the kids - this is going to be very difficult to accomplish.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment